REAs & Claims

If the Government modifies your contract, delays performance, or otherwise causes your costs of performance to increase, you may be entitled to compensation.  A request for equitable adjustment, or REA, is a request that the Government increase your contract price.  A claim, while similar to an REA, is a formal demand that the Government pay additional money, adjust contract terms, or grant other relief under your contract.

For contractors, the REA and claims processes can often seem overwhelming—especially when it comes to documenting legal entitlement by citing the FAR and applicable “case law” from the Boards of Contract Appeals and federal courts.  Failing to abide by strict technical requirements (such as the claim certification requirement) can lead to denial or dismissal of a claim.

At Koprince Law LLC, we assist contractors in preparing, filing, and negotiating claims and REAs with the Government.  We can prepare a detailed and thorough REA or claim on your behalf, including discussion of relevant FAR principles and supporting “case law” from the Boards of Contract Appeals and federal courts.

After the REA or claim is filed, Koprince Law can assist you in negotiating with the Government through formal agency Alternative Dispute Resolution or informal talks.  And if negotiations on a claim fail to produce an agreement, Koprince Law can file an appeal on your behalf, ensuring that your claim is heard by a neutral judge.


Contact Koprince Law’s Government Contracts Attorneys

If you need to file an REA or claim on a government contract, do not delay. Contact Koprince Law at (785) 200-8919 or

Contact Us

901 Kentucky Street, Suite 301

Lawrence, KS 66044


Pay Your Bill

The Information you obtain at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

© 2020 by Koprince Law LLC